Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Altered Canvas


I set myself a challenge at the start of this year to have more faith in my own scrapping and altering abilities. I decided that as part of this I would either submit for a design team or submit to a magazine.

Last week there was a DT call for a ribbon shop called Ben Madigan Crafts. The brief was to design and submit one item using ribbon - either a card, layout or altered item. I decided that I might as well start my new challenge resolution early and submit.

Saturday was spent getting all inky and messy creating an altered canvas for submission. DH wasn't too sure about the finished canvas but I was pleased with it - and I guess that's what really counts.

I was delighted, and amazed, this morning to find out that I've been shortlisted for the DT :)

Natalie is now sending me a parcel of ribbons that I have to use to create something with. The only hint she's giving is "think freshly cut grass and daffodils" so I'm guessing the ribbons
will be green and yellow..... Hopefully once the ribbons arrive I will be struck by inspiration.


Excuse the white edges - it was still a bit wet when I took the photo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations hon! :0) and it is gorgeous!!!

10:03 pm  
Blogger Sally said...

WOOO HOOO thats fab Cara, GL with the resolution, and hopefully this is the start of many more good things for you and your art xxx

12:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home