Sunday, September 03, 2006

Final post of the day....


This is my gorgeous completed canvas from the round robin at AN - huge thanks to Linda, Pat, Julie and Claudia, I love it!

It arrived home a few days ago but disaster had struck. The stupid postman had thrown it over into the back garden and it had sat there, in the heaving rain from 8.30am until I got home form work - not a good idea!

I was so upset and angry when it was found. The jiffy bag was so wet that the ink had washed off the address label and the packaging tape had completely lost it's 'stick'. Even worse was to come - I opened the remains of the jiffy bag to find water sloshing about inside, all of the metal embellies loose inside the bag and blank aptches where the ink had disappeared!

Luckily, after a few days gently drying, a good dollop of Glossy Accents for the stray embellies, and a mixture of inkpads/metallic rubons I hope it now looks as good as new. The frame is still a little wharped but I'm sure it won't be too noticeable once it's on the wall in my craft room.

Thanks again ladies - you are all so talented!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cara, it is just gorgeous!!!!!!!

J

7:47 pm  
Blogger Sarah Youde said...

wow, that's a great piece of art Cara. I wish postmen would be more thoughtful when they leave their parcels open to the elements. So annoying!

1:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aah its beautiful cara............

arent these FUN...........xxxxxx

9:23 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home