Thursday, July 20, 2006

Busy, busy, busy..........



I couldn't have chosen a hotter weekend for gardening......... The skip is filled, the garden tidied, the furniture painted, the shed painted, the decking painted and the new plants have been potted - now I just need to take time out to enjoy it :) I've taken some pic tonight so will post them later in the week.

The last couple of nights have been spent compleing CJ entries - an ATC CJ for AliBlack with the theme of 'Beauty' and an entry for Bailey in the Lost CJ. Both CJ's are are looking really good.

My entry into Bailey's is the final one before it goes home :) There have been a few hold-ups further down the line so I need to hold on to it until everything else catches up. Being the last entry in this CJ I had the only characters that were left - Sun and Jin :) I was actually really pleased that I was left with these as I've been waiting ages to use a photo I downloaded of Sun's eye. (the picture of the finished entry hasn't come up to well as the base was black card with a silvery shimmer to it). The 'eye' photo is behind a microscope slide, edged with copper tape and I've also used a couple of prima's and some of the gorgeous Heidi Swapp form the Cosco set. The rest of the CJ is very simple, clean entries so I've tried to keep to the same :)

The ATC CJ is still in the early posting stages (posting 3 or 4 at the moment) and we're all having such a good time with it. The theme was 'Beauty' and I knew stright away that I wanted to base my entry on Geisha's as they fascinate me. I can't really comprehend how someone can spend their whole life 'serving' the needs of another person(s)! The whole of a Geisha's existence is spent thinking about others.

Maybe this is something we all need to do a bit more of....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

those CJ entries are beautiful. Have to agree about Suns eyes...they are just right for this ..and stricking too
I thin kthe simpler look works really well on this entry :)

The Geisha entry is stunning, great use of colour and embelishments..well done you :)

9:29 am  
Blogger Sarah Youde said...

Hi Cara

I love the cj's! I love anything about Geisha too and was soo excited when Memoirs of a Geisha was made into a film. I was a bit disappointed in it though :( What did you think?

10:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home